Programme Assistant, Fixed Contract
Job Title: Programme Assistant, Fixed Contract
Salary: £18K pro rata per annum
Location: London, relocating to Edinburgh for the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
Company Profile: Underbelly is a UK based live entertainment company. Our festivals and events division produces a number of events annually, including Underbelly at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, Underbelly Festival on London’s Southbank, , Edinburgh’s Christmas and Edinburgh’s Hogmanay on behalf of the City of Edinburgh Council, Christmas in Leicester Square and,West End Live in Trafalgar Square on behalf of the Society of London Theatre and Westminster City Council.
Through Underbelly Productions we also produce and promote live shows for UK and international touring.
In 2018, Underbelly programmed over 250 different productions across multiple genres and sold 1.7 million tickets to its festival events and productions.
Underbelly are looking to recruit an organised, motivated Programme Assistant to join its Programming and Producing team.
Working closely with the programme coordinator and the festival programmers and producers, you will assist with the administration of programming, registration and on-sale processes. You will also assist on the ground at Underbelly Festival Southbank and at Edinburgh Festival Fringe, helping to coordinate the logistics for our co-productions.
The right candidate will have a strong interest in the performing arts and will enjoy watching shows and learning about different artists. You will be eager to develop your administration skills and will have an interest in programming and/or producing. You will have excellent communication skills and careful attention to detail.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to work across a range of artforms and learn new skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Supporting the programming team with the Underbelly at Edinburgh Fringe programme
- Assisting with the Fringe application and registration process
- Collating and proofing festival brochures
- Liaising with marketing and box office teams for on-sale dates
- Assisting with pre-production logistics for our co-productions
- Arranging accommodation and travel for international companies
- Assisting with processing settlements and payments for shows across Underbelly’s festivals
- Sending contracts to companies and maintaining a contract log
- Assisting with the coordination of co-productions during Underbelly’s festivals
- Acting as a point of contact between external companies and different departments within Underbelly
- Assisting with co-production get-ins, get-outs and tech rehearsals where required
- Assisting with photo calls, media calls and press nights as required
- Attending shows at Underbelly’s festival
- Attending shows elsewhere and reporting to the programming team
- Having a basic understanding of technical requirements of shows
- Maintaining a good knowledge of a wide range of performing arts, including comedy, theatre, circus, cabaret and family shows
Suggested person specification
- Interest in a wide range of contemporary performing arts
- Experience of visiting or working at Edinburgh Festival Fringe
- Strong team-work skills and ability to be adaptable
- Strong communication skills: in person, over the phone and via email
- Strong IT skills and experience of working with spreadsheets
- Experience of proofing documents and cross-checking information across documents
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think on your feet
- Ability to work across different projects and prioritise tasks effectively
- Willingness to travel and work away from home for periods of time
The job will be based in our head London office, then re-locating to our Edinburgh venues for 6 weeks over July and August. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Terms and Conditions
- Salary: £18K per annum pro rata
- Working hours: a minimum of 40 hours per week. During Edinburgh Fringe, working hours are increased – days off will be coordinated with programming team.
- Holidays: The annual leave entitlement is 20 days, plus statutory holidays.
- Temporary Contract, from approx. end of February to September 2019
Applications close: 28th January 2019
To apply, please fill in the application form here: https://form.jotformeu.com/Underbelly/programme-assistant