Our receptions are the heart of the venues. The reception staff are the first port of call for any enquiries. These come from patrons and customers as well as performers and staff. Reception is in charge of:
- Being first port of call for all enquiries.
- Processing complimentary tickets for promoters.
- Issuing passes to staff and performers.
- Issuing uniform to staff.
- Providing information to performers.
- Taking all deliveries, keeping a log and ensuring they get to the correct recipient.
- Logging all lost property and trying to reunite it with their owners.
- Ensuring all announcements are played throughout the venue.
- Providing administrative assistance to the Office Manager.
Dates of work: Most jobs will be 28th July to 30th August inclusive, some positions may start/finish earlier.
Pay is minimum wage (£7.50 for 25yrs+, £7.05 per hour for 21 yr - 24 yr olds and £5.60 per hour for 18 – 20 yr olds) and shifts vary from day to day. You will be expected to be able to work everyday throughout the Fringe, and will be given a minimum of two days off. You will be required to attend 4 hours of orientation and training which is unpaid.
You will get free entrance to all our shows and discounts in our bars.
You will need to be over 18 and find your own accommodation within Edinburgh as we do not provide any staff accommodation.
Most interviews will take place in June.
Underbelly is committed to the sustainability of all the events that it operates. We are committed to produce high quality events which are inclusive and accessible to people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We aim to successfully employ and retain disabled people and those with health conditions. We expect employees to support these commitments and to assist in their realisation.
Please note that due to the large number of applicants, we will only be able to contact those selected for interview.
Please fill in the form below to apply for role or if you are applying from a mobile device or having problems with the form below please use this link to apply: