10 Things That Happened at the Underbelly Press Launch
31st Jul 2014
And we're off! Today is the second day of shows at Bristo Square, while Cowgate opened today. The Fringe has officially started! With over 135 wildy diverse shows, we couldn't be more excited about our 2014 programme.
Last night saw the official Underbelly press launch at the Udderbelly in Bristo Square. Hosted by Felicity Ward, the hour-long comedy/music/theatre extravaganza gave nine of our acts a chance to show off bite-size extracts of their brilliant shows. Needless to say, it was an entertaining and unpredictable hour!
Here are some highlights from the night:
1. Felicity Ward smashed it as the compere for the evening.
2. Steen Raskopoulos took his shirt off...
3. ...and then got very intimate with the audience.
4. Circa drew gasps from the audience with a beautiful display of strength and agility.
5. Trygve Wakenshaw gave an utterly hilarious, bird-based display of silent comedy. We won't spoil the surprise - go and see Kraken!
6. Fascinating Aida gave a barnstorming performance of 'Prisoner of Gender' lamenting being 'born a lad'.
7. Sam Simmons revealed that there are only five days a year during which he doesn't think about Africa.
8. Amy G played the Kazoo, but not with her mouth...
9. Returning favourites Frisky and Mannish mashed-up nursery rhymes with Girls Aloud, and it was really very good.
10. EdinburghSketcher came along and did some drawings. How great is that?!
If you want to see all these and much, much more, have a look what's on at Underbelly over the next month. There genuinely is something for everyone!
Posted by admin