Underbelly are very excited to announce a new partnership with London’s New Diorama Theatre to present the Untapped Award, the most ambitious opportunity on offer to take exceptional work to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
Each year from 2018-2020 we will take three emerging/mid-career theatre ensembles to the festival, and offer support in the form of advice, mentoring and cash investment to help them throughout their Fringe run, and offering the opportunity to showcase their work to a varied audience.
Support will include:
- A press officer to develop and run a press campaign for the Untapped Award, and to provide a PR advice session to companies
- A financial contribution of £3000 to each group to go towards travel, accommodation, Fringe registration and subsistence
- A favourable timeslot and venue for the show for the Edinburgh Fringe
- A 65/35 split in the company’s favour, with no deposit or guarantee
- 7 hours of flyering a day to be split between the three shows
- A captioned performance during the run free of charge
- One free of charge technical operator for each show
- Production photography for each show
- Workshops with our respective teams on a variety of topics including producing and marketing
- Support during the Edinburgh Festival Fringe itself - being on hand to discuss the progress of the show, sales strategies, and any issues the companies face
- Additional marketing support as available
- A featured slot at New Diorama’s London venue after the Fringe
Applications for this opportunity for the 2018 Fringe have now closed.
Underbelly and New Diorama are excited to support the following companies for the Edinburgh Festival Fring 2018:
ThisEgg, Nouveau Riche and Breach Theatre.
Underbelly is proud to have supported the following shows through past schemes:
2017: Prom Kween (Áine Flanagan Productions), Quarter Life Crisis (Yolanda Mercy and Gemma Lloyd), This Really Is Too Much (Gracefool Collective)
2016: Blush by Charlotte Josephine, Be Prepared by Ian Bonar, JOAN by Lucy J Skilbeck, Nicole Henriksen is Makin it Rain by Nicole Henriksen