Underbelly and London's New Diorama are very excited to announce the shortlist for this year's Untapped Award, the most ambitious opportunity on offer to take exceptional work to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
All In - Bon Ami
Antler - Civilisation
Barrel Organ - Conspiracy
Burnt Lemon - Tokyo Rose
Ditto Theatre - Rocket Girl
Highrise - Merryville
Humbi - Never Forget
Kopfkino - Grand Scheme of Things
Lost Kids Collective - Grey
Poltergeist - Compo
Powder Keg - The Threat
Smoke & Oakum - Apis
SBC - Where We Began
Wildcard - 17
DEADLINE: midnight, Wednesday 9 January
Each year from 2018-2020 we take three emerging/mid-career theatre ensembles to the festival, and offer support in the form of advice, mentoring and cash investment to help them throughout their Fringe run, and offering the opportunity to showcase their work to a varied audience.
Support will include:
- A press officer to develop and run a press campaign for the Untapped Award and to provide PR support to companies
- A financial contribution of £3000 to each group to go towards travel, accommodation, Fringe registration and subsistence
- A favourable timeslot and venue for the show for the Edinburgh Fringe
- A 65/35 split in the company’s favour, with no deposit or guarantee
- 7 hours of flyering a day to be split between the three shows
- A captioned performance during the run free of charge
- Production photography for each show
- Workshops with our respective teams on a variety of topics including producing and marketing
- Support during the Edinburgh Festival Fringe itself - being on hand to discuss the progress of the show, sales strategies, and any issues the companies face
- Additional marketing support as available
- A featured slot at New Diorama’s London venue after the Fringe
Applications for #Untapped Award for Fringe 2019 are now closed.
For more information about eligibility criteria please read our FAQs here.
Underbelly and New Diorama supported the following companies for the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2018:
ThisEgg, Nouveau Riche and Breach Theatre.
Underbelly is proud to have supported the following shows through past schemes:
2017: Prom Kween (Áine Flanagan Productions), Quarter Life Crisis (Yolanda Mercy and Gemma Lloyd), This Really Is Too Much (Gracefool Collective)
2016: Blush by Charlotte Josephine, Be Prepared by Ian Bonar, JOAN by Lucy J Skilbeck, Nicole Henriksen is Makin it Rain by Nicole Henriksen