Please check back soon for updates regarding Untapped 2022.
In partnership with New Diorama Theatre and Oberon Books, we are undertaking a nationwide search to find three of the best early or mid-career theatre companies who want to present work at the Edinburgh Fringe.
What's on Offer?
- A prime slot at an Underbelly venue during Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
- A great deal with a favourable box office split and no venue deposit or guarantee.
- A transfer to New Diorama Theatre following the Fringe
- A cash investment of £4,500 towards company travel, accommodation and expenses.
- Marketing support from an experienced team, including flyering support from the Underbelly street team, outdoor poster boards and production photography
- A press campaign with an excellent PR company
- An option to have the production published by Oberon Books, including a separate commission fee and agreement beyond the award.
Who is Eligible?
- The Untapped Award is open to Theatre Companies only.
- Companies must have at least two performers in their production.
- The award is not open to Comedy and Improv troupes, or Solo performers.
Underbelly and New Diorama supported the following companies for the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2019:
Poltergeist Theatre Company, Barrel Organ and Burnt Lemon.
Underbelly and New Diorama supported the following companies for the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2018:
ThisEgg, Nouveau Riche and Breach Theatre.
Underbelly is proud to have supported the following shows through past schemes:
2017: Prom Kween (Áine Flanagan Productions), Quarter Life Crisis (Yolanda Mercy and Gemma Lloyd), This Really Is Too Much (Gracefool Collective)
2016: Blush by Charlotte Josephine, Be Prepared by Ian Bonar, JOAN by Lucy J Skilbeck, Nicole Henriksen is Makin it Rain by Nicole Henriksen