Applications for Untapped 2020 are now open here.
The application deadline is midnight on Wednesday 15th January 2020.
In partnership with New Diorama Theatre and Oberon Books, we are undertaking a nationwide search to find three of the best early or mid-career theatre companies who want to present work at the Edinburgh Fringe.
What's on Offer?
- A prime slot at an Underbelly venue during Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
- A great deal with a favourable box office split and no venue deposit or guarantee.
- A transfer to New Diorama Theatre following the Fringe
- A cash investment of £4,500 towards company travel, accommodation and expenses.
- Marketing support from an experienced team, including flyering support from the Underbelly street team, outdoor poster boards and production photography
- A press campaign with an excellent PR company
- An option to have the production published by Oberon Books, including a separate commission fee and agreement beyond the award.
Who is Eligible?
- The Untapped Award is open to Theatre Companies only.
- Companies must have at least two performers in their production.
- The award is not open to Comedy and Improv troupes, or Solo performers.
Please take time to read the FAQs about the award here before applying to make sure you are eligible.
Underbelly and New Diorama supported the following companies for the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2019:
Poltergeist Theatre Company, Barrel Organ and Burnt Lemon.
Underbelly and New Diorama supported the following companies for the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2018:
ThisEgg, Nouveau Riche and Breach Theatre.
Underbelly is proud to have supported the following shows through past schemes:
2017: Prom Kween (Áine Flanagan Productions), Quarter Life Crisis (Yolanda Mercy and Gemma Lloyd), This Really Is Too Much (Gracefool Collective)
2016: Blush by Charlotte Josephine, Be Prepared by Ian Bonar, JOAN by Lucy J Skilbeck, Nicole Henriksen is Makin it Rain by Nicole Henriksen