Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
By purchasing tickets through Underbelly, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The Theatre Management reserve the right to refuse admission and to admit latecomers ONLY if and when there is a suitable break in the performance.
- Tickets are sold subject to the Theatre Management's right to make any alteration to the advertised arrangements or the cast rendered necessary by unavoidable cause.
- Latecomers may not be admitted.
- Please check your Ticket immediately after purchase as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- Tickets cannot be cancelled, or money refunded but tickets may be exchanged at the discretion of the box office.
- Tickets may only be exchanged to a future date of the same performance; it is not possible to exchange for a different event.
- An exchange cannot be issued if the original tickets are for a past date.
- All exchanges must be confirmed no later than 48 hours before the original date
- An exchange is only confirmed once you receive an email confirmation for the new date.
- Underbelly will not re-print tickets under any circumstances. In the event of Tickets sent by post not reaching their destination, we will provide a proof of purchase statement for verification on the door, if required.
- Fees for the posting of tickets are a separate service charge and Underbelly regrets to say that they cannot be refunded in any circumstance, including non-receipt of items and in the event of show cancellation.
- Eligibility for any standard Concession price ticket available is limited to Students, Senior Citizens (over 60s), Under-16, disabled people, those registered as being on State Benefits, NHS staff and Equity members, where stated. Proof of status must be supplied at the point of purchase and/or collection of tickets,
- Underbelly will offer, where possible, one complimentary ‘Personal Assistant ticket’ for the companion of customers who require assistance to attend an event when a ticket has been purchased for the customer requiring assistance.
- Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person. Underbelly Ltd reserves the right to cancel tickets purchased in excess of this number.
- Please note that for tickets purchased to performances suitable only for persons aged 18 and over, any ticket holder unable to present valid identification may not be admitted to the event. Underbelly Ltd is not responsible for verifying the age of attendees for tickets purchased online and will not refund tickets for age-restricted products in the case of non-admittance due to the lack of valid proof of age.
- Latecomers may not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance. Some performances may contain no suitable breaks. Admittance is at the final discretion of the event promoter and venue management
- Breach of the above terms and conditions, or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury to other persons shall enable the venue management or event promoter/organiser to eject ticketholders from the venue. Their decision is final, and you will not refund tickets in the case of ejection or non-admittance based on their decision.
- Underbelly Ltd offers credit notes (vouchers) for future services in return for payment of a corresponding value. Vouchers are issued solely by Underbelly Ltd for a specified period, the length of which is entirely at the discretion of Underbelly Ltd. Once any such issued vouchers have passed the stated expiry date, the value of any unused credit remaining shall revert to Underbelly Ltd. Please be advised vouchers cannot be refunded back to cash or extended past the initial 12 month window once expired. In the unlikely event you need even more time, please contact us a month before your credit voucher is due to expire and we will can look to extend it subject to availability
- All donations made through Underbelly’s website or any subsidiary operating under it, as well as those made over the telephone or in person, are understood to be made to Underbelly Ltd, and once made any monies given are not returnable in any circumstance.
- All merchandise is sold subject to the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- In the event of cancellation due to weather, Underbelly Ltd will attempt to re-schedule performances, or exchange to alternative dates, if these already exist. A credit note may be issued in for you to re-book at your convenience – it is your responsibility to ensure you re-book.
- If a show is cancelled or abandoned because of the weather, you will be entitled to exchange your ticket for seats available with the nearest value to your original ticket (rounded-up) at any other show in our programme, subject to availability.
- Subject to availability: Your ability to exchange into a particular show on a particular date and time will be subject to the availability of seats at that show on that date and time. This will be assessed at the point when we are processing your request for an exchange.
- To obtain your exchange, simply email our Box Office at email@example.com– if you know the date/time and scheduled performance you wish to move your ticket to, include that in your email and we will move your ticket over. If you do not know yet, we can issue you with a credit note to enable you to re-book online at your convenience.
- It is your responsibility to ascertain whether an event has been cancelled. If an event is cancelled, we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of the cancellation. We do not guarantee that you will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the event.
- Personal arrangements including travel, accommodation or hospitality relating to the Event which have been arranged by you are at your own risk. Neither we nor the Event Partner(s) shall be liable to you for any loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure.
- The price for the products that you order will be the price quoted on the website at the date the order is received except in the case of an obvious error. All prices currently advertised are not inclusive of delivery charges: the prices associated with each method of delivery are advised to you during the check out-process before any purchase is completed. You can check your delivery charges for your basket prior to check-out and completion of purchase.
- All prices currently advertised are inclusive of VAT (where applicable). We currently do not offer VAT exemption for international customers or any geographical region. The grand total of the order is the price of the product(s) ordered plus the delivery charge.
- It is your responsibility to check your Tickets and to ascertain the date and the time of your access to the relevant attraction.
- We are not responsible or liable for any Tickets that are lost or stolen, including postal despatch missing in transit. Removing any Ticket stub will invalidate the Ticket.
- Neither we nor any other party shall have any liability to you beyond the face value of the Ticket. Note that any booking fees are not refundable.
- Tickets may not be used for any advertising, competitions, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, or used, sold or given away in conjunction with other products or services (such as part of a travel or hospitality package) without the express written permission of Underbelly in advance. Failure to comply with the foregoing may result in the cancellation of the Ticket without any refund or compensation and/or the ticket holder being refused entry or removed from the relevant Event.
- Underbelly reserves the right to ask for proof of ID and of the age of any visitor to the Events. Underbelly further reserves the right to refuse access to any person if that person is unable to produce proof of their age and that person is refused admission for being underage. In such circumstances, Underbelly will not provide a refund to the visitor.
- When purchasing alcohol at the Event, if you appear to be under the age of 25 you may be asked for proof of age.
- If an error is made in the price of any Tickets ordered by you, you will be notified by us as soon as possible and we will give you the option to either (a) reconfirm your Ticket order at the correct price; or (b) cancel your Ticket order and receive a full refund from us.
- If any Event is cancelled in its entirety, we will use our reasonable endeavours to notify you as soon as reasonably possible. If the Event is not rescheduled, we shall give you a refund of the face value of the Ticket.
- In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all patrons, Underbelly reserve the right to conduct security searches of persons, clothing, bags and all other items on entry and exit, to confiscate items that may cause danger or disruption to the Event or other patrons or are in breach of these Terms and/or refuse admission. The use of illegal substances and laser pens are strictly prohibited.
- Customers may be ejected from the Event if, in the reasonable opinion of Underbelly, the customer is a risk to the safety of any patron and/or may affect the enjoyment of other patrons and/or the running of the Event or may cause damage, nuisance or injury. Examples include being (or appearing to be) drunk, incapable, intoxicated or under the influence of illegal drugs, under-age (where relevant), abusive, threatening, behaving anti-socially, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, declining to be searched or in breach of any of these Terms.
- Please note that CCTV and film cameras may be present at the Event. By entering the Event and/or purchasing Tickets and attending the Event, ticket holders consent to being the subject of filming stills photography and sound recording and its use in distribution (commercial or otherwise) without any payment.
- If you experience any problems at the Event, please contact a front of house member or steward as it may not be possible to resolve issues after the Event.
- In case of emergency, please follow instructions and directions from stewards, staff and/or other officials.
- All events are subject to obtaining the relevant licences.
1.1 This website www.underbellyedinburgh.co.uk is owned and operated by Underbelly Ltd, registered with the ICO under registration number [A8218694] ("Underbelly", "we", "us", "our"). We are committed to safeguarding your privacy online and to this end have developed the following policy to deal with issues which may concern you. This policy explains the kinds of data that we process in connection with the website, how that data is used, how it’s protected and how you can find out what rights you have in relation to your data.
1.2 We reserve the right to update or otherwise amend this policy at any time.
1.3 By accessing, browsing or otherwise using this website you confirm that you acknowledge the terms of this policy. If you are not happy with any part of this policy, you should not use this website or use our services.
2. Speed Read and Key Shortcuts
- How we use your personal data - section 4
- Who receives your personal data - section 9
- Your rights - section 12
- Who to contact - section 13
3. Types of Personal Data Processed
3.1 "Personal data" is a concept defined by data protection law, and refers to information which relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
3.3 Typically the types of personal data that you will provide to us when using our website include, but may not be limited to, the following:
3.3.1 Your Personal Details - for example your name, date of birth, and personal contact details; and
3.3.2 Transaction Data - for example what tickets and preferences you have; and
3.3.3 Your Financial Information - for example your credit and/or debit card details.
4. Legal Basis and Purposes for Processing
4.1 We use your personal data for a number of purposes which we have listed at paragraph 4.3 below.
4.2 Whenever we process your personal data, we do so on the basis of a lawful "condition" for processing. In the majority of cases, the processing of your personal data will be justified on one of the following bases:
4.2.1 it is provided for in your terms when you purchase a ticket, and therefore necessary to give effect to that contract (for example, collecting bank account details to arrange payment for your ticket that you have purchased);
4.2.2 it is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation (for example, disclosing VAT data to HMRC); or
4.2.3 it is in our legitimate interests to operate as a business, and our interests are not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights or freedoms (for example, to market services to you, or to enable you to post messages on our bulletin board or to enable customers to use any other features of the website that may be offered from time to time, and may require such information in order to utilise the feature).
4.3 The purposes for which we process your personal data are to:
4.3.1 to provide a service to you in line with our business aims;
4.3.2 to manage, analyse, understand and develop your relationship with us, including where you volunteer to complete a survey or participate in a promotion;
4.3.3 to keep you informed of any of our other/new events and activities that may be of interest to you, where you have chosen to be made aware of this;
4.3.4 to troubleshoot problems with the website, or to customise your experience on the website;
4.3.5 investigate and respond to complaints or queries;
4.3.6 other purposes consistent with the processes envisaged by the categories of data listed in Section 3.3; and
4.3.7 exercise our rights to defend, respond to or conduct prospective or actual legal claims or proceedings
The Website is not designed for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly permit children to purchase tickets or sign up to a newsletter. Where we become aware that we have collected such data, we will take all reasonable steps to delete such data.
6.1 We may use the information you provide us with to keep you informed about events, activities or services which we provide and which we believe you may be interested in, in accordance with your preferences.
6.2 Where you contact us through the 'contact us' link of this website or provide you with tickets for an event, we provide the opportunity for you to give an opt-in consent to provide you with our promotional marketing. If you do not provide your consent then we will not send you information via electronic communications (e.g. email or SMS). We may however contact you in future by telephone or post where we reasonably believe (on the basis of services that we are providing to you) that there are additional, different services which you may be interested in. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us you can let us know by contacting us (using the details provided below), or by unsubscribing from such communications by means of a link provided in every electronic message that is sent to you by us.
6.3 Where you have opted in to receive such content, we may tell you about events offered by other entities within the Underbelly group.
7. Retention of Personal Data
7.1 Our general approach is to only retain personal data for as long as is required to satisfy the purpose for which it was collected by us or provided by you. We will take steps to delete or anonymise the data where it is no longer required for those purposes (for example, if you have not contacted us, or purchased any tickets for over 3 years).
7.2 In certain cases, legal or regulatory obligations require us to retain specific records for a set period of time, including following the end of your relationship with us (including for tax and audit purposes).
7.3 In other cases, we deliberately retain records in order to resolve queries or disputes which we think may arise from time to time.
8. Sources of Personal Data
Primarily the personal data we process about you will have been provided by you, either during your visit to our website, or on an ad hoc basis during the course of relationship with you. From time to time, we may receive personal data about you from other third parties, for example other arts foundations where you have consented to your information being shared with us.
9. Disclosures of Personal Data
9.1 We may share your personal data with other members of the Underbelly group where required in order to, for example, run a national process or to carry out group wide reporting.
9.2 We use a number of third party suppliers or social media platforms to help us provide IT services or run marketing campaigns with us (in particular we share data with Facebook to build custom and lookalike audiences (although you can turn off this feature within your Facebook account)). These third parties may have access to or merely host your personal data, but they will only do so under our instruction and subject to a contractual relationship.
9.3 We may be required to disclose your personal data to third parties:
9.3.1 in response to orders or requests from court, regulators, parties to a legal proceeding or public authorities; or
9.3.2 to comply with regulatory requirements or as part of a dialogue with a regulator
9.4 Your personal data may also be disclosed to advisers, potential transaction partners or interested third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation or completion of a corporate transaction or restructuring of the business or assets of any part of the Underbelly group.
10. Cross-border Transfers
10.1 Certain suppliers and service providers may have personnel or systems located outside of the EEA. Where your personal data may be transferred outside of the EEA, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection, including by, for example, entering into data transfer agreements or by ensuring that third parties are certified under appropriate data protection schemes (in particular, we make use of Dropbox which is certified with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework). You have a right to request a copy of any data transfer agreement under which your personal data is transferred, or to otherwise have access to the safeguards used. Any data transfer agreement made available to you may be redacted for reasons of commercial sensitivity.
11. Security of your Personal Data
11.1 We implement reasonable physical, technical and administrative security standards designed to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or damage. To this end all personal data stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment and regular security reviews are held by us to ensure that the website remains safe and secure for your protection. More information about the specific measures implemented is available on request.
11.2 We take steps to limit access to your personal data to those individuals who need to have access to it for one of the purposes listed in Section 4.
11.3 You also have an important role to play in protecting the security of your personal data, and you should take care about whom you disclose personal data to, and how you protect your communications and devices.
12. Data Subject Rights
12.1 You have the following rights in respect of your personal data:
12.1.1 to obtain a copy of your personal data together with information about how and on what basis that personal data is processed;
12.1.2 to rectify inaccurate personal data;
12.2 From 25 May 2018, you also have the right:
12.2.1 to erase your personal data in limited circumstances where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed;
12.2.2 to restrict processing of your personal data where: (a) the accuracy of the personal data is contested; (b) the processing is unlawful but you object to the erasure of the personal data; (c) we no longer require the personal data for the purposes for which it was collected, but it is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim;
12.2.3 to challenge processing which we have justified on the basis of a legitimate interest;
12.2.4 to object to decisions which are based solely on automated processing or profiling;
12.2.5 to obtain a portable copy of your personal data, or to have a copy transferred to a third party controller; or
12.2.6 to obtain a copy of or access to safeguards under which your personal data is transferred outside of the EEA (see Section 10).
12.3 In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, who is the UK supervisory authority for data protection, however we would ask that you try to resolve such matters with us directly first.
13. Contact Us
You may contact us at any time if you have general concerns about the processing of your personal data, or any data protection issue, or to exercise any of the rights set out above at:
13.1.2 0207 307 8480
This policy (“Cookies Policy”) is issued by Underbelly Limited (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this Cookies Policy), and applies to our use of “cookies” in connection with the website http://www.underbellyedinburgh.co.uk/(“Website”).
1. What this policy covers
- what a cookie is (paragraph 2);
- an overview of the cookies we use (paragraph 3);
- what you can do if you do not agree to the cookie use (paragraph 4);
- further information about cookies in general (paragraph 5); and
- a detailed table listing all of the cookies that we use (paragraph 6).
If you don’t want to accept cookies in connection with your use of the Website, you should stop using it or turn off your cookies (see paragraph 4 below for how to do this) but this may impact how the Website functions.
2. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded and may be stored on any of your devices that enable internet usage e.g. your computer, smartphone or tablet - like a memory for a web page.
3. Cookies used on the website
We use several different types of cookies. In particular, we use: necessary cookies which allow certain fundamental features of the Website to work; functionality cookies, which allow us to remember choices you make (e.g. your cookie preference); and performance cookies, which monitors usage of the Website. We also use third party cookies - these are cookies that are set by a third party website rather than by us.
Some of these are session cookies which are temporary and allow us to link your actions during a single use of the Website. These are deleted at the end of your browsing session. Others are persistent cookies which remain on your device for the period of time specified in the cookie. These cookies help us to identify you as a unique user (by storing a randomly generated number).
The following is a more detailed explanation of the types of cookies we use:
a. Necessary cookies
Necessary cookies are essential and help you navigate the Website. This helps to support security and basic functionality and are necessary for the proper operation of the Website, so if you block these cookies we can't guarantee your use or the security during your visit.
b. Functionality cookies
c. Performance cookies
Performance cookies help us to understand the behaviour of users of the Website. This allows us to continuously improve the Website to provide the best recruitment experience. These cookies are also used to help us understand how effective our Website is; for instance these cookies tell us which pages visitors go to most often and if they get error messages from web pages. All of the information that these cookies collect is aggregated, to assist us to improve how the Website works. Some of these cookies are managed by third parties, and you may refer to the third parties' own website privacy notifications for further information. In particular, we use Google Analytics cookies to obtain an overall view of user habits and volumes, and to help improve the overall experience on the Website.
If you prevent these cookies, we cannot guarantee how the Website will perform for you.
4. Control your cookie settings
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/g...
- Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/support/...
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH...
- Adobe (flash cookies): http://www.adobe.com/security/...
5. Other information
The following links contain further information about cookies: http://www.aboutcookies.org/ and http://www.international-chamber.co.uk/our-expertise/digitaleconomy. In addition, a guide to online privacy has been produced by the internet advertising industry which can be found:
6. Cookie use
Below is a full list of the cookies used:
1. Necessary cookies (See section 3a of this Policy)
|exp_csrf_token||Expires 2 hours from date set||Holds CSRF Token||CSRF is used to protect the website against malicious cross-site scripting attacks.|
2. Functional cookies (See section 3b of this Policy)
|seenCookieNotice||Expires 1 year from date set||Stores whether or not you have seen the website’s cookie notice||Allows us to only display the cookie notice once on the first page you visit.|
|basket_updated||Expires 1 day from date set||Stores when the ticket basket view was last updated||Allows us to show the correct number of tickets in your basket.|
|exp_last_activity||Expires immediately||Stores when you last visited the website||Allows us to remember the last time you visited the site.|
|exp_last_visit||Expires immediately||Stores when you last interacted with the website||Allows us to remember the last time you interacted with the site.|
|exp_tracker||Expires immediately||Stores the last five pages viewed||Allows us to redirect you correctly after interacting with website forms.|
3. Performance cookies (See section 3c of this Policy)
|_ga||Expires 2 years from date set||Google Analytics Cookie||Used to determine unique visitors to the website.|
|_gat||Expires 1 minute from date set||Google Analytics Cookie||Used to determine unique visitors to the website.|
|_gid||Expires immediately||Google Analytics Cookie||Used to determine unique visitors to the website.|